|Problem Viewing Video?||Questions? Ask Dr. VA Shiva|
Summary Points of this Lecture
The key takeaways from this lecture are:
1. Siddha and Ayurveda were the first systems biology
2. Siddha and Ayurveda had a top-down approach to understanding life, from the cosmos on down.
3. The ancient sages who created Siddha and Ayurveda were systems scientists (they weren’t just men in saffron robes).
For Medical and Health Practitioners, Use the Concepts of this Lecture to:
1. Everyone has a particular nature or constitution at which their bodies function optimally, and it is important that you discover that individual’s particular constitution, which allows you to understand their particular nature.
2. Things are changing in every season and in every moment. And these changes, move your patient away from their optimal state of well being.
3. The goal of health is to bring your patient back to their own constitution through adjusting the proper inputs suited to them through the use of food and particular activities, for example.
4. Disease takes place when the patient is not operating in resonance with their inner nature. So, you need to find out what conditions have put the patient into that dissonant state.
5. Your treatment must be personalized to that individual’s particular constitution, so the inputs can be adjusted to meet their goals of optimal health, subject to the particular conditions.
For your homework, you are expected to read the following article:
- Ayyadurai, VA Shiva (2012). “Siddha: The First Systems Biology”. Chapter from Systems Health: The Revolution in Medicine. VA Shiva Press.